Rats! Nobody likes technical problems – so let’s see if we can get you up and running again right now. Happily, the Q&A’s and troubleshooting steps on this page resolve 99% of issues without further delay. So let’s start there. Because (not to brag or anything!) but tech issues with our course platform are extremely rare. We really do want to provide you with a positive learner experience – that’s why the course platform is monitored daily to ensure everything is working across all devices.
Problems usually stem from a course-taker a) being a little too keen to get started and not taking the time to learn how the course loads, appears or functions on their particular device, b) failing to try basic trouble-shooting steps like refreshing the page or signing out and back in or; c) experiencing issues with their Internet connection. When you signed up for your course, you received a detailed “welcome email” that includes some great tips to get you started…if you haven’t read that, please do.
Nevertheless, if you’re that unlucky 1% who still has tech problems after reviewing this page, don’t despair – we’ll help you figure it out (see the last Q&A)!
- Reset password (if you’re having trouble signing-in)
- Check your device: find and learn how to navigate the course’s features on it (i.e. ensure the volume is up, locate the menu button or parts of the course on your screen, etc.)
- Restart your device
- Refresh the page
- Clear your cache
- Sign-out of the course and then sign-in again
- Try a different device
- Try a different browser
- Check your Internet connection
- Contact your service provider regarding possible Internet connection issues
- If the issue stems from a server problem or third-party site, please give it some time and check back…in such cases, millions of users are affected and the powers-that-be are working furiously to restore service
- Take a deep breath, play some relaxing music and remind yourself that we’re investigating and will get back to you ASAP!
Contact the webmaster for personalized help at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please describe the problem you are having in as much detail as possible. Include your name, the course you are enrolled in, what device(s) you are on or have tried, and what browser(s) you are using or have tried. This info will help the webmaster zero in on your issue and provide you with the fastest and best possible support. We know you’re frustrated enough and we really do want to help!