It can be a challenge for men to find straightforward, man-friendly relationship help; however, I’ve worked with countless men over my years in practice, everyone from roughneck oil workers to surgeons and businessmen. I get you guys (in fact, I’ve been married to one of you guys for a long time). And I’m committed to helping men enjoy successful marriages built on the foundation of a romantic friendship.
Some of the most common complaints I hear from men include having a wife who:
- is having an emotional or physical affair (or on the brink of having an affair)
- is texting or spending too much time with a “male friend”
- has lost interest in sexual intimacy or withholds sexual intimacy
- is always angry, negative or overly emotional
- talks too much, “nags” or micro-manages your time
- refuses to communicate or is a poor communicator
- texts excessively when you’re at work or socializing
- doesn’t appreciate you or what you do for her or your family
- puts the children before the marriage or doesn’t let you parent in the way you want
- has a short fuse or throws adult temper tantrums so that you must “walk on eggshells”
- spends too much time on social media, her computer or her phone
- is critical, self-focused or quick to blame you for the marriage problems
- says she “doesn’t love you anymore” or seems less committed to the marriage
- doesn’t help with finances or household chores
- doesn’t get along with in-laws or extended family
- has stopped showing you as much patience, kindness or affection
…and many more. If any of these sound familiar, it’s time to do something about it. It won’t get better on its own.
As an unbiased (and happily married) female practitioner, I can help you understand your wife. If and when I speak with her, I can also represent your side of things in a way that a woman will hear. Ultimately, I want your marriage to be as happy and fulfilling for you as it is for your wife.